Students who meet the academic qualifications can complete the Disciplinary Honors Program in Computer Science. While the Department of Computer Science doesn’t currently offer dedicated honors courses or honors sections, students can take Honors Contract courses: enhanced versions of regular undergraduate courses arranged between the student, the course instructor, and the department’s honors advisor. See the Honors College web site for more information about the UNCG Honors College and different types of Honors courses.
A minimum of twelve semester hours to consist of:
- 6 semester hours of Contract Honors courses: two (2) from CSC 415, 416, 427, 425, 429, 439, 442, 454, 461, 471, 477, 478
- 6 semester hours: CSC 493 [Honors Work in Computer Science] and HSS 490 [Senior Honors Project] (CSC 493 must be completed before HSS 490)
To qualify for Honors in Computer Science, a student must have:
- at least a 3.30 overall GPA at graduation;
- a grade of B or higher in all course work used to satisfy the Honors requirements in Computer Science; and
- a declared Computer Science major.
The designation “Completed Disciplinary Honors in Computer Science” and the title of the Senior Honors Project will be printed on the student’s academic transcript.
For more information, contact the Department of Computer Science and request a meeting with the Honors Advisor.