Doctor of Philosophy
Application and Admission
PhD applications deadline for Fall semester admission is April 1st of each year. The PhD application priority deadline for Financial Aid is February 1st. The PhD program does not admit for the Spring semester.
We have assistantships available which will be awarded to students on a rolling basis. Students are encouraged to apply early to avail early. The assistantship includes tuition waiver, health insurance, and a yearly stipend.
Students must have a previous degree in computer science (B.S. or M.S. degree), or a closely-related field such as computer engineering or software engineering. Students looking to enter computer science without a prior degree are encouraged to apply to the M.S. program.
Applications are competitive, and applicants are expected to have a strong quantitative and computational background and a good overall GPA (at least 3.0). Having prior research and publication experience is advantageous to applicants.
Documents to be submitted for admission (listing)
- Official transcripts for all post secondary education, showing completion of a prior degree (B.S. or M.S.) in computer science or a closely-related field
- GRE test score
- TOEFL/IELTS for non-native English speakers
- An essay (“statement of purpose”) describing their goals in pursuing a Ph.D. in computer science, including description of specific interests or a faculty member that the applicant is interested in working with (1-2 pages)
- A curriculum vita describing prior research or work experience (if any)
- Three letters of recommendation