Doctor of Philosophy
Application and Admission
PhD applications deadline for Fall admission is June 15th of each year.
We have assistantships available which will be awarded to students on a rolling basis. Students are encouraged to apply early to avail early. The assistantship includes tuition waiver, health insurance, and a yearly stipend.
Students must have a previous degree in computer science (B.S. or M.S. degree), or a closely-related field such as computer engineering or software engineering. Students looking to enter computer science without a prior degree are encouraged to apply to the M.S. program.
Applications are competitive, and applicants are expected to have a strong quantitative and computational background and a good overall GPA (at least 3.0). Having prior research and publication experience is advantageous to applicants.
Documents to be submitted for admission (listing)
- Official transcripts for all post secondary education, showing completion of a prior degree (B.S. or M.S.) in computer science or a closely-related field
- TOEFL/IELTS for non-native English speakers
- An essay (“statement of purpose”) describing their goals in pursuing a Ph.D. in computer science, including description of specific interests or a faculty member that the applicant is interested in working with (1-2 pages)
- A curriculum vita describing prior research or work experience (if any)
- Three letters of recommendation